Tuesday, March 25, 2008

80's DC Style Guide



Hey guys! Check out this wrap-around cover the the 1980's era DC Style guide. I got permission to repost this image from Rob! over at the stupendous Aquaman Shrine. If you look closely at the image, you can see the amazing number of characters they managed to cram onto the this single cover. Of course, the fact that Green Arrow has a front and center spot on the back cover doesn't do it any harm in my eyes.

One of the characters that catches my eye, other than GA, was kindly pointed out by Rick over at Plastic Man Platitudes. Check out the calm and unhurried manner that Firestorm seems to possess compared to the others. Everyone else is rushing toward the emergency, but Ronnie seems to just float along. Teenagers, I tell ya!

As an aside, does anyone recognize those flying people bracketed by Firestorm, Dr. Fate, Hawkgirl, and Ollie's hat? I thought the one in the middle might be Doll Man, but I have no clue who the others might be.

Anyway, thanks again Rob!!

2 comments:

Rick L. Phillips said...

I think they are the members of the Legion of Superheroes Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl.

Anonymous said...

Yep, Legionaries for sure.