Wednesday, June 25, 2008

After Action Report: HeroesCon, Part 3: Art

After Action Report: HeroesCon, Part 3: Art


Normally, I'm not a huge art collector, but if HeroesCon is anything, its an artists show. There was art everywhere, and I couldn't help but join in. Here's a rundown of what I ended up with.



Above is the free print we got for pre-registering, all individually signed by Darwyn Cooke himself! What more could you ask for?




This is a print I got from the super awesome booth of Hallboy Productions. Not only did I get this amazing bit of GA art, but if you look below, you can see all the mini prints I got as well. All of these are about the size of a playing card, but have a ton of detail. You'll notice that Ritchie Hall, the artist, must be a big GA fan, since he did 3 separate versions of him. I got the GA piece in the middle as a button to wear on my lanyard, in addition to the Doc Strange one I picked up initially.



Ritchie was nice enough to throw in that awesome Black Lightning mini print for free, since I picked up so much of his stuff. I'm particularly pleased with the GA stuff, and especially Black Manta!


And then we come to this. This utterly amazing piece of original Green Arrow art is from indie artist Avery Butterworth, who posts on some of the same forums that I do. He did the sketch before the show, so all I had to do was pick it up. Gaze in awe folks, gaze in awe.

1 comment:

rob! said...

a-ha! now i know what i have! thanks for the aqua-card, my friend! arthur looks so happy!